Sunday, August 10, 2008

the ultimate thursday night adventure

for serious.
so, mi madre and i went all the way to philly to see natalie portman's shaved head, matt and kim, the go! team, and css.
it was a line-up that we just couldn't refuse, and because they didn't have a date in jersey or ny, we decided to go take a bus to pennsylvania to witness this madness.

the show was at the troc, which is by all means, a nice venue, but i wasn't digging the fact that the stage was 9 million feet tall and that there was a barricade with 5 feet between it and the stage.

we claimed our spots, but then saw kim and gave her the cookies i made.
she was so happy!
we then ran back to our spot, and someone took it, so i slowly inched my way back into front and center, next to all the assholes.
awesome!

first up were natalie portman's shaved head.
i'm not sure why it took me so long to find out about them. they're so much fucking fun. i was gonna poo my pants, they were so good. and they have the best outfits ever.

next were matt and kim. super amazing as usual. so different seeing them in a legit venue though. i almost missed the kids stage diving off my face and leaving foot prints.
and this crowd, although excited enough, were not quite as ridiculous as a m&k bklyn crowd. whereas, i was freaking out the whole time.

by the time they were done, my body was already hurting, and it didn't help that matt molested my head when he was shaking someone hand that was behind me.
but i did poke his ass when he crowdsurfed, hahahahaaa :)

after them were the go! team.
so much fun!!
but hell, ninja worked us so hard. it was like dance party boot camp.
ridiculous!!!

last but not least were css. i swear lovefoxxx was giving me sex eyes or something. she kept looking at me and smiling and blowing confetti at me, and then she gave me a guitar pick from the floor.
i was really kind of freaked out. i'm not gonna lie.
but they were really fabulous.
i'm glad we went to philly for this tour.
totally worth it.

after the show, we got some m&k totes and another hug from kim.

i'll just end my story there. oh and p.s. i just want to thank the flobots.

beyond crappy photos?? the troc didn't allow cameras, so i had to just sneak in my point and shoot

NPSH:






matt and kim:
















the go! team:






css:










the end.

No comments: